Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Aybla Med Grill


The line was about 5 deep when I entered it with multiple folks already waiting for ordered items. I figured the wait would be a little long considering the woman taking the orders was overwhelmed. The two folks in front of me tried to pay as they ordered but she ignored them as if their money stank. She took my money on the spot and within 1 minute I have a falafel pitawich with added lamb and omitted onions.

They nailed my order exactly despite how busy they were--nary one onion was on my grub.

The lamb had crispy edges that made it tasty. We aren't talking lamb jerky but it definitely had the sort of caramelized component that makes the mouth water. The falafels were good but a bit dry which seems to be the bane of the falafel existence; it cries out for moisture. Thank goodness for tahini sauce to really soak into the falafels and make for a good pitawich.

I looked at all of the carts with variations on mexican and euro foods and this one looked to be the best of them all and it was a pretty tasty meal. However, other food cart courts have more alluring options so I would probably not make it back to this area.
I just looked at the picture once this was published and it looks very unappetizing in that crude humored way. In person it looked like a yummy meal, but then again, it was overcast and my glasses are dirty.

1 comment:

barb said...

the picture did not do it justice.