Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Week 4: The Whole Bowl


This week we visited the cartland on SW 9th Ave and Washington. I hit up 'The Whole Bowl'.

Okay, step one: google to figure out what the special sauce is. Answer “Tali Sauce is The Whole Bowl's secret weapon. Referred to by many as "crack sauce", this lemony-garlicky blend has been building local addictions in the Pearl, and now at the new Downtown location, for over 4 years. Sauce devotees have been known to experience a prolonged sense of well-being and tremendous relaxation upon consumption.”

The meal would have been boring without the crack sauce. Ordered the 16 ounce bowl ($5.50 compared to $5.00 for 12 ounce). Brown rice, crack sauce, beans, salsa, cilantro (I asked them to hold the cheese and sour cream). Even with the crack, I’m pretty sure I found the healthiest choice of the entire cartland. It even looked good to eat. They only offered coke and diet coke for drink choices. Boo.

Oh, and that ‘prolonged sense of well-being and tremendous relaxation upon consumption’… I’m not sure if I would call it that or ‘stomach gurgling trying to digest my crack lunch’.

3 comments:

dclynn said...

Aw, that is too bad that you didn't enjoy the bowl that much, because the picture actually looks like it would be really good.

~Dara

JoAnne said...

You omitted cheese and sour cream forfeiting your right to good taste....

dclynn said...

I simply can't trust anyone who doesn't like cheese or sour cream.